Abilene CHAMPions Hospitality Training
Help provide customers and visitors with a positive and unique Abilene experience through the Abilene Convention & Visitors Bureau’s CHAMPions Service and Destination Training LIVE or online program(updated site coming soon). Increase your knowledge of the city and surrounding areas as well as enhance your customer service skills, by becoming an Abilene CHAMPion.
What’s in it for you, the business owner?
- Detailed training for employees with an emphasis on customer satisfaction and getting to know the community
- Online training (coming soon) allows for limited time away from work for employees
- Designation on Abilene CVB website as an Abilene CHAMPions Service Certified business after 85% of employees have completed certification
- Obtain feedback from mystery shopper experiences and online customer surveys
What’s in it for you as an employee?
- Increased customer service skills that can be carried into any industry
- Better understanding of your job and community
- Add certification to your resume
- More customers as your reputation for excellent hospitality grows
- Potential increase in sales and tips through greater customer satisfaction
"Hospitality training with the ACVB was fantastic! It provided excellent information relevant to any industry, gave us in-depth experiences at our many downtown attractions, and illustrated how customer service at our individual establishments weaves into, and impacts, the broader context of tourism in Abilene overall (while still being fun!). It would be a valuable course for employees and leaders alike.”
- Allison Carrol, Owner of Monks Coffee Shop
"I enjoyed the classrom, but the tour was the most valuable. I'm not from Abilene and getting to know what all it has to offer in person was a pleasant experience."
-Jamie Foreman, Sales Manager of Courtyard/TownePlace NE by Marriott
"Very Informative - alot of information but also many places for a business to be involved."
February 7, 2019 Class Particpant
Having both taken the training and being a part of it, it is a joy to see both perspectives! I enjoyed learning about how to be more hospitable in our town and in general, meeting various people, getting refreshed in the beauty and power of networking, learning about local organizations and sharing what I have learned about the history, business and creativity of downtown in particular.
'Gus McDusty', Downtown Abilene Walking Tour